Delicious Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
It's PUMPKIN SEASON! It's PUMPKIN SEASON! And I'm so excited about it that I feel like a little kid in a candy store.
As as yesterday was the first chilly, fall-like day we've had so far, I immediately ran to the store to get pumpkin everything. I came home with big pumpkins, little pumpkins, and of course, organic pumpkin purée.
Needless to say, I was so inspired to make pumpkin pancakes this perfectly crisp autumn morning that I shot out of bed at 7am. However, these aren't just "any" pumpkin pancakes. The goal of my recipes is always to be simple, healthy, and delicious. In addition, these pancakes are gluten-free, Paleo, and contain no added sugar (except if you opt for honey or maple syrup on top).
As I don't like long introductions, let's just jump right into the my visual recipe.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
makes about 4 servings (about 6 slim pancakes)
- 6 Organic, Pastured eggs
- 1 cup Organic Pumpkin Purée
- 1 scoop Naked Whey Vanilla
- 1 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon* (or 1/4 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon AND 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1/8 tsp Organic Ginger Powder (optional)
- dash Fine Pink Himalayan Salt
- Organic Unrefined Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Toppings: Raw Honey, Organic, Grade A Maple Syrup, or Organic Creme Fraiche (preferably from grass fed cows)
*(Ceylon cinnamon has been shown to decrease cholesterol and blood pressure)
- Combine the eggs, pumpkin purée, Naked Whey Vanilla protein powder, all the spices, and dash of salt in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. You can use a blender or food processor to speed up the process.
- Heat up a PFOA and PTFE free nonstick pan or griddle. Melt about 1 TBS of coconut oil and spread it around evenly. Add more coconut oil with every new batch, as necessary.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth (you can use a blender or food processor).
- Heat up a PFOA and PTFE free nonstick pan or griddle, melt about 1 TBS of coconut oil and spread it around evenly.
- Spoon out about 2 TBS of batter per pancake and cook until the pancakes start turning opaque in the middle.
- Flip, brown the other side, and serve with your choice of topping (e.g., raw honey, Organic, Grade A Maple Syrup, or organic creme fraiche.