No Guilt Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are looking for an easy, delicious, and most importantly, natural and healthy chocolate cookie recipe, look no further. This one is sure to please everyone in the house. These cookies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free (we will only use honey and bananas as sweetener), and most of all absolutely deeeelicious. They are super easy to make, and even more fun if you get your kids involved.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did.
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)
3 bananas - smashed
2 tablespoon of organic vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of melted extra virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil
1/2 cup of raw slivered almonds (optional)
1 cup of chocolate chips (you can use less than 1 cup, but I like a lot of chips in my cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Smash the bananas in a bowl and set aside
- Combine all the ingredients, including the bananas, but NOT the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Mix until a dough starts to form. You can use a hand mixer or just do it by hand.
- Once the dough is formed, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll little balls of cookie dough in your hands (I make mine about 2" in diameter), then smash them in your hand or use a spatula to flatten them slightly once they are on the baking sheet, which is lined with parchment paper. They need to be flattened, since they do not rise or spread as they bake.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven). Wait until the chips melt and the edges start turning brown. The cookies should be soft but not too mushy.
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy!